This is my journey through weight loss, quiting smoking, and playing the kick ass sport of Roller Derby.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Back On Track

Well, it has been a few months since I last posted. I have been super busy. I got a new job that I love and is offering me lots of great opportunity. Not much change on the diet or smoking front. I am actually pretty disappointed in myself. The holidays were pretty hard for me and with some derby drama (Not in my league, we rock!)  mixed in the smoking didn't have a chance.
Derby updates, I am helping coach our new men's league, it is a lot of fun, not to mention I like telling people what to do. I have been trouble with my shins but I will keep on trying, I will not let it drag me down. Our league is slowly but surely growing every week. I am so proud to watch what we are becoming. Check out of facebook page. Benton County Roller Derby has come a long way and I can'y wait to see what this next year holds in store for us.
On the diet front, I have been really good for a few weeks and haven't lost a pound. After talking to my doctor we determined that because of my PCOS and insulin resistance that I need to be a program centered around my problems. So this week I am starting a program called Ideal Protein. It is a very strict program but I have seen the results in others so I am willing to try it. Not to mention, I do well with restrictions, if I am told what I can and cannot eat then I am okay. We will see how it goes. Updates to come!
I know this is a short update, but I didn't want to abandom my blog. I will make a better effort to update at least once a week.
Two awesome things that happened since I last updates:
My neice Leighla was born and she is adorable! Derby baby all the way!
And I am blonde now!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment